Is High-Grade Hemp CBD Oil A Good Dietary Supplement?
The US Farm Act of 2018 has legalized hemp cultivation and products made using it like cannabidiol (CBD) health and wellness products. Since then, an increasing number of people use them for medical as well as recreational purposes. This is because of CBD’s health benefits, lack of side effects at normal doses, and the absence of risk of developing an addiction. Due to these reasons, manufacturers are introducing different types of cannabidiol products. In this article, we will investigate the top reasons why hemp-derived CBD oil is a good dietary supplement.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD oil, also known as high-grade hemp CBD oil, is one of the most widely used cannabidiol health and wellness products. It is made by diluting hemp extracts with carrier oils. This process increases the bioavailability of the product because natural cannabidiol is an oil-soluble compound.
Manufacturers have also introduced water-soluble CBD, which is a variant of CBD oil that dissolves in water. It has a higher bioavailability than oil-based CBD products, and hence more easily absorbed by the body. It is made by breaking down large molecules of the oil into smaller nanoparticles that have a greater surface area; this process is called nano emulsification.
Reasons For CBD Oil Being A Good Dietary Supplement
CBD Boosts The Immune System
Cannabidiol (CBD) produces its effects mainly by influencing the cannabinoid receptors of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS regulates homeostasis, i.e. the maintenance of a stable internal environment. Because of this, it has a significant influence on the immune system. This is achieved through a network of chemical messengers that are found throughout the body. Any deficiency in these chemical messengers destabilizes the ECS, and this results in reduced immunity, which can make you prone to diseases.
High-grade hemp CBD oil has cannabinoids that are like the endocannabinoids produced by our bodies. So, consuming it fixes the deficiency of the ECS, and thereby boosts the immune system. Also, it contains nutrients that enhance the functioning of white blood cells that fight off harmful pathogens and substances that enter our body. Finally, the antioxidants contained in CBD oil boosts immunity as it reduces or prevents damage to cells and tissues due to oxidative stress by free radicals.
CBD Oil Is Rich In Essential Fatty Acids
High-grade hemp CBD oil contains essential fatty acids, omega-6 and omega-3 in the ratio 3:1. This is the ideal ratio that helps to reduce systemic inflammation in our body. Also, they help to manage healthy triglyceride levels; this reduces the risk of stroke, heart attack, and other cardiovascular issues. Furthermore, the hemp seed oil that is used as carrier oil is rich in these essential fatty acids along with many others.
CBD Oil Is Rich In Vitamins
High-grade hemp CBD oil is a good source of vitamins that are required for various physiological functions in our body.
The major vitamins found in hemp CBD oil are listed below:
- Vitamin A: This is a fat-soluble vitamin that is essential for the normal functioning of the lungs, heart, kidneys, and other internal organs. Moreover, vitamin A is required for vision, immune system function, cellular communication and reproduction.
- Vitamin B1: This vitamin is an antioxidant that protects the body from damage. It is also essential for the proper functioning of the immune system.
- Vitamin B2: It works synergistically with other B vitamins in the production of red blood cells. Apart from this, it is necessary for the growth and maintenance of hair, nails, skin, mucous membranes, and other tissues.
- Vitamin B3: This vitamin is involved in the synthesis of stress and sex-related hormones.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin is essential in many enzyme reactions taking place in our body.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is required for the healthy functioning of the immune system and proper wound healing.
- Vitamin D: It is necessary for the absorption of calcium that is important for ensuring bone health.
- Vitamin E: This is a generic term used for a group of antioxidants that boost immunity.
CBD Oil Is Rich In Minerals
Listed below are the major minerals found in high-grade hemp CBD oil:
- Calcium: It is required for bone health.
- Iron: It is an important component of the hemoglobin protein of red blood cells.
- Manganese: This mineral is involved in the formation of binding tissues and bones.
- Magnesium: Studies have shown that this mineral reduces inflammation related to diabetes.
- Phosphorus: It is required for the health of bones and teeth.
- Potassium: Along with calcium, potassium is required for the communication between neurons.
- Selenium: This mineral has good antioxidant properties.
- Zinc: This mineral is required for immune system response.
It must be obvious to you by now why hemp-derived CBD oil is a good dietary supplement, and we hope that the details shared above were useful for you.